- Past issues of magazines such as Martha Stewart Living, People, and Sports Illustrated
- DVDs like A Walk to Remember, Groundhog Day,
and The Wiggles
- Music CDs
- and much MUCH MORE!
So the next time you’re in the library, check out our booksale areas – which are just outside the elevator on both the lower (youth library) and ground (exit) levels. Find a treasure and help support the library!
With our new copy machine, we are now offering a number of new services:
~ Black and white printing and copying for $0.15 per page
~ Color printing AND copying for $0.50 per page
~ Local and long-distance faxing (both incoming and outgoing) for $1 per page
~ Scanning (black & white AND color) for FREE
If you need to have something faxed to the library, our fax number is 507-356-8599.
Questions? Call the library at 356-8558 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As you are probably noticing, we’ve made some changes to our website. All of the information that was on our old site is still here, and we’ve added some features we think you’ll find very helpful. Here are some highlights:
- A lot of key information and links have been moved to the right side of the screen, including online catalog, my account, hours, and contact information
- Click on the Movie List tab at the top to see a list of all the DVDs we own. If the title has a green check next to it, it is currently available for check out. If it has a red X, it is unavailable but you can click on the title to place a hold on it
- Move your mouse over the New Arrivals tab and click on either New Arrivals-Books, New Arrivals-DVDs, or New Arrivals-CD to see a list of items that are new to Van Horn within the last month. If the title has a green check next to it, it is currently available for check out. If it has a red X, it is unavailable but you can click on the title to place a hold on it
If you have any questions or suggestions about the changes to our website, feel free to contact us at 356-8558 or email@example.com.
The May 10th edition of the Post Bulletin featured the following article highlighting a funding issue affecting ALL libraries that receive funding from Goodhue County (click on the link below to read the full article):
Though Van Horn Public Library is not specifically mentioned in this article, we rely on funding from Goodhue County for approximately 15% of our annual operating budget. Therefore, we are also affected by these contract negotiations.
If you have question about this issue or would like to know how you can advocate for YOUR library, please contact library director Morgan Hansen at 356-8558 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The computer issues that have been plaguing us since Tuesday morning have finally been resolved. So we are back to normal at last.
Any items returned on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday have been checked in – and no fines were charged on any overdue items. If you have questions or concerns about your account, please contact us.
Our public internet computers are working again and are available for use during our operating hours. Our online catalog is functioning as well, so you can search, request, and renew to your heart’s content!
Finally, we can now access and reply to any e-mails sent to our email@example.com e-mail account. If you sent us a message earlier this week, you may need to resend it.
Again, thanks for all of your patience throughout this week! We sincerely appreciate it!
We are back open this morning and will be open for all of our normal operating hours today – (Wednesday, April 18th) 9 am to 5 pm. However, we are not quite back to “business as usual.”
We are still experiencing the same computer issues that forced us to close yesterday. This means that our public internet computers are still not available for use. Our wireless internet is working and available for use.
Our online catalog is still unavailable. This means that you still cannot search, request, or renew items – and we cannot do these things for you either. For the remainder of this week (through April 21), no fines will be charged on any items.
Finally, we are unable to access and reply to e-mails sent to our firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail account. So if you have any questions, please contact us via phone (356-8558).
We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to resolve these computer issues and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.