Thank you all for your patience with library services during this challenging time due to COVID-19. We have been hard at work to develop policies that allow you, our patrons, to access library services. To that end, we are happy to announce that we are able to come in and use our computers!
Starting Tuesday, May 26 we can allow up to 3 people at a time to come in to use our computers. The following guidelines must be followed:
- Use of computers is available by appointment only.You must call (507-356-8558) or email the library to make your appointment at least 30 minutes before you would like to come in. Appointments will be made on a first come, first served basis.
- Appointments are available on the hour every hour from 11AM to 5PM and last for a maximum of 45 minutes.If you need more time, you are invited to make another appointment, but will have to exit the library in the meantime.
- Door hardware, computer stations and printers will be disinfected after each appointment slot.
- Appointments are ONLY to use our public computers.We are unable to allow the public to access our book or DVD shelves safely at this time. We hope to open for browsing appointments in the not-too-distant future, but we do not have a timeline for this yet.
- Please enter the library from the main door upstairs and exit from the youth library door. If you need to use the elevator to gain access, let us know so we can let you in.
- Social distancing rules of being at least 6 feet apart will be strictly enforced.
- For the safety of our patrons, VHPL staff will wear masks when patrons are present. For the safety of VHPL staff, we strongly encourage that computer users do the same.
- Computer help from staff will be severely limited due to social distancing requirements.
Refusal to follow these guidelines may result in the patron being asked to leave the library.
We are happy to start offering this service to our community. Please contact the library if you have questions.