Hi all! I am Rachel Gray, the new director here at Van Horn Public Library. I am very excited to become part of the Pine Island community over the coming months! Here are a few quick facts about me to introduce myself to you all:
- My last job was at SELCO, the regional library office. I worked there for 8 years training and supporting library staff throughout SE MN.
- I love just about anything to do with Jane Austen, but I didn’t like the movie Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as much as the book. The movie Scents and Sensibility wasn’t very good either.
- I live in Oronoco with my husband and 6 year old daughter.
- In my spare time, I research and recreate the best bits of the Middle Ages in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
- I already love the variety of library books and other things I have come across in my two days of being at Van Horn and look forward to digging deeper into them!
- I love to get feedback from others on programs we offer, materials we should buy and other ways we can make the Van Horn Public Library an even better resource to the community.
Please come in to the library and introduce yourself. While you’re here, check out our books, music, DVDs and more!